East India Company Modern History General Knowledge:
East India Company
- Company rule in India effectively began in 1757 after the Battle of Plassey.
- Company was granted the diwani, or the right to collect revenue, in Bengal and Bihar’ in 1765.
- Siraj-ud-Daula was the last independent Nawab of Bengal who succeeded Alivardi Khan to the throne.
- Mir Jafar Ali Khan Bahadur, commonly known as Mir Jafar, (c. 1691-February 5. 1765) was the first Nawab of Bengal under Company rule in India.
- After Siraj decline Mir Jafar was installed as the Nawab in 1757 by the British East India Company.
- Mir Qasim ( May 8, 1777) was the Nawab of Bengal from 1760 to 1763.
- The Battle of Buxar was fought on 23 Oc tober 1764 between East India Company led by Hector Munro and the combined army of Mir Qasim, the Nawab of Bengal: the Nawab of Awadh and the Mughal King Shah Alam 11.