Statue of Unity Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel All Details:
- Statue of Unity ‘Sardar Vallabhai Patel’ will be inaugurated on October 31, 2018. It is 182 metres tall and is said to be the tallest statue in the world.
- and is located on the river island called Sadhu Bet facing the Narmada Dam near Rajpipla in Indian state of Gujarat.
- The Statue of Unity is made up of 1,700 tonnes of bronze, 1,850 tonnes of bronze cladding, 70,000 metric tonnes of cement and 24,500 metric tonnes of steel.
- The Statue of Unity surroundings occupies over 20,000 square metres, and is surrounded by a 12 square km artificial lake.
- It took 33 months to complete and was built at a cost of ₹3,000 crore. Elevators will take tourists up to the statue’s chest, from where they can view the Narmada river and Sardar Sarovar Dam.
- The project was contracted to Larsen & Toubro in October 2014 for its lowest bid of ₹2,989 crore (US$420 million) for the construction, design and maintenance.